Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rockin' ouuuuu.....lemme take this call.

I realized I'm old. I didn't know the phone call was going to be about life insurance, which is probably necessary for us to think about now anyway; however, I was listening to "Detroit Rock City" decently loud in my car with my windows down when the call came. I turned it down to take the call. I'm old.

The nursery seems a lot more like a nursery with the crib and rocking chair in there. Now the crib has a mattress, too, thanks to Kacey's parents. I thought it'd be fine if the kid sleeps on the mattress support, but apparently nobody else thinks so.

Kacey and Grover(our name for the unborn child) get a baby shower this weekend in St. Louis. Hopefully we'll get a bunch of neutral colored stuff since we're not finding out whether it's a boy or a girl until it's born; but I've heard rumor that one of Kacey's friends has already gotten us something girl-themed. Fortunately, we live in the county where there are no burn laws....

It appears spring has started here in Columbia. I know this because of the ants who like to search for scraps in our kitchen. I refilled the outdoor poisoning centers (kid and animal safe, I promise!), so hopefully they'll cease to be a problem.

I think that's it for now.


Still kinda 31 weeks done, 9 to go. (I fixed this for jordan-kc). I may not really know the count.


-jordan

3 comments:

Rach said...

B and I have lots of things that are just so you guys for a baby. Maybe we'll but them for you. :)

Alisa said...

So let me know when you want me to send Benjamin & Noah's old clothes... I think your baby would look funny in pink.

Claire said...

OK...as soon as you get that camera we want to see pics of Grover's room and of course Grover as soon as he/she is here. Try newegg.com for cameras at a reasonable price (Curtis' favorite).