Friday, May 23, 2008

almost there

yep that's right everyone. my doctor has told me that it could come at any time now. that's a little scary considering jordan has been crazy busy at work and i don't really see much of him these days. of course the other scary thing is that my doc is also estimating that the kiddo is about 8 pounds. that's a little bigger than i had expected. oh and also, i'm stealing a line form alisa, the kid has an eviction date also. you just in case it doesn't come soon. so if you don't hear that we've had a kid through the grapevine of however the next 2 weeks you should by june 6. my induction day, again only if needed, is june 4. yep you read right they are willing to induce me before my due date. oh darn. but we get back to the point of i don't really think that's going to be necessary. if you don't already know i'm a little impatient. considering i'm already 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced with technically two weeks to go. that makes me very happy.
we are, or at least we think ready for the kid. we have the nursery set up although not clean, hmmm maybe we should do that. my bag has been packed and it's in the car waiting, the registration papers are all filled out. my wonderful coworkers gave me a shower today. it was so nice. we have toys for the baby and lots more clothes and bath stuff. so i think we even have everything we need. or at least we think so.
it seems a little odd that my coworkers are taking bets that i'm not going to show up on tues, hooray for three day weekends. but at the same time i'd be fine if i didn't have to go to work next week either. i even have students telling me that they don't want to see me next week unless i have a newborn with me. i have great students and friends at work.
and i thought for all of family and friends who haven't seen us, or really me, here's a picture.


who know i would get sooooo big.

so hopefully with in a week you all will hear that we have a baby boy or girl.

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Wow! It sure does sound like you could go anytime, how exciting!! You look great, but I bet you are ready to carry Grover around in your arms instead of your belly, right?

TeraCary said...

Hey!! I can't wait to meet my new niece or nephew. You look really good, but you look like you are going to pop that baby out and I am sure that you would like to. I am really happy for you guys. Hey also how do I get your blog on my page so I can always see it?? And I can't get Kelly's to work either. My blog is teraandkyle.blogspot.com. Talk to you later! Love yah.

Claire said...

You'd better get to the hospital fast! 90% effaced....very cool and exciting!!! Can't wait to meet My new greatnephew/neice Grover!!! I vote for another boy...a girl in this family would get too spoiled!

Kel-Bel said...

OMG wait a minute ytou let him take a picture of you? voluntarily? are you feeling ok? other than feeling like a blimp that is, tell that lil munchkin to come out already Aunt Kelly wants to come and play

Kel-Bel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kel-Bel said...

ok so I got the address wrong in the comment b4 and I'm correcting it now, you need to change my blog addy to kookykelbel.blogspot.com