Friday, November 9, 2007

The Costs of a Child

I got my first price surprise the other day, which wasn't really a surprise, but I know we'll have to have one otherwise people will bother me and bug me and so on and so forth.

A digital SLR.

Of course, we're going to have to have pictures of our kiddo and document his/her life for the first 18 years, and the ease of use of digital cameras make it the probably first purchase for our kid, since it'll be more necessary but a seemingly bigger price hit closer to its birth.

Unless, of course, somebody knows of a good, cheap camera repair place, and knows of a good, cheap photo scanner...

Ideally, I'm getting a Pentax, but I have to find a camera body that's affordable since we have cars and a house to take care of. Sigh. I'm sure it's gonna get easier from here on out, right? =)


-jordan