Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thrush...yes, it's more than just a little bird

That's right the babysitter called me the other day and said she thinks Caitlyn has thrush. Oh joy. So I went to pick her up and took her home while waiting for the doctors office to call back. Thankfully since this is so common they just called a script in for meds. Unfortunately since it's contagious one of us had to stay at home with her the next day. Jordan asked if I had any sick time left to which i responded no I don't. For those of you who may not know I used all my sick time, vacation and personal days so I could get paid for my maternity leave. So Jordan got to stay at home and take care of Caitlyn.

-Kacey

AND OH WHAT A DAY IT WAS!
Caitlyn didn't sleep but 20 minutes at a time about three times. She likes to scream now, immediately, if she thinks things aren't going her way. I hope it's just the sickness, 'cause this is rough. Regardless, we made it until Mommy got home, and now she's cooking me dinner for my birthday. Oh yeah, it's my birthday. For those of you who forgot, don't worry; I forgot too.

In career news, I'm going to be operating camera for a tv show pilot in Saint Louis this weekend. It's gonna be a few long days, but worth it in the long run, I hope. This is through some contacts I gained in working on a film in Saint Louis through most of July. I almost feel like a grown-up.

Now, pictures:

Caitlyn scoots around as she sleeps as evidenced here:

Here's a cute one:

She does smile at me occasionally:

And winks at the dog:

And somehow she learned this way too early. She's not supposed to stick her tongue out at me until she's at least 2, I thought.

I interrupt this photofest for a picture of 2 really cute girls:

It's football season! Almost. Unfortunately I think I'm letting her watch a Tennesee/Oakland game. Not the prettiest. Then again, I'm probably going to subject her to the Rams this season. Sigh.

After this, apparently she figured out how to work the remote:

We don't get great TV:

But she finally found something worth watching:

She does like bath time. I'm making it a point to not take bath pictures that she'll hate me for when she's older.



And she does get tired once in a while, fortunately for us:



That's all for now.

-jordan

2 comments:

Carrie, Austin, and Abby said...

Aww, she is so little and cute!

Alisa said...

What a cute kid! Sorry she is sick, though.